Ted Jolly – Pay Per Head Agent News
Bookmakers are always looking for new blood to add to their player roster and increase their bottom line. More players means more action and increasing the volume of wagers your players make with you is a sure fire way to enhance your profits. A wider player base also allows smaller bookmakers to expand the betting options their players have access to.
For example, if you only have 1 or 2 guys betting live lines you run the risk of getting beaten if they know what they’re doing. The solution to avoid this is to simply have your PPHCR Rep turn off that particular wagering option and not take any action. If, on the other hand, you can get regular action from a good portion of your player group it now becomes a viable money maker.
Here are our Top 5 Ways that PPH Agents use to Recruit New Players so that you can get regular, consistent action year round.
- Word of mouth. Offer your existing players a bounty of some sort if they bring you new players. The bounty could be anything from a credit to their account to a percentage on losses.
- Offer a prospective new player a “Free Bet” or small credit and let them test drive the service. Once they see how easy it is to place their bets using the internet or call-center they’ll be hooked and easily converted to a regular player. You should put a Max Win Amount, for example $250, on any freebie wagering.
- Go to where the players are. A good recruiting ground is the local sports bar or casino. Become a regular patron and keep your eyes and ears open, you’ll soon spot the prospects.
- Talk about sports betting to people as if you were a player. Talking casually with people you meet about how you bet on sports with a local and all the benefits it offers will get them asking you how they can get an account. Remember that gamblers come from all walks of life. This way you are acting as your own “middle-man” to hook players up. They don’t need to know that you’re actually “The Man”.
- If you do not fully trust a new players ability to pay should they lose, tell them they need to post up a portion or even all of their weekly credit until you have built a relationship with them.
As a Bookie you should always be on the lookout for potential new customers, seize the moment when it presents itself. Happy prospecting!